DevOps Engineer – Brighton – AWS, Linux, Kubernetes
I am currently working on behalf of an online student community where millions of students all over the UK turn to them for advice, info and support.
They are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer who will be working within their platform team to help them build and optimise their Private OpenStack Cloud as well as their AWS environment.
The DevOps Engineer will be working on the following projects:
- Dockerisation of all services
- Developing their CI CD pipelines, making sure everything is monitored and secure
- Creation of hybrid stack in AWS
- Improving the microservices architecture
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the direction and play a big part in decision making of their infrastructure and the technologies used in their arsenal.
The DevOps Engineer must have experience in and be:
- Strong experience working with Linux and especially Ubuntu
- Experience using automation and CI tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins
- Experience working with Cloud Platforms (they run a Private OpenStack cluster and other services in AWS)
- Advocate of the DevOps process and its benefits
- Self-motivated, driven and goal oriented with a high tempo customer orientated work ethic
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience with container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- The ability to work under pressure and is calm and professional
- Scripting experience with either Python or Bash